3 days a week
Monday – Wednesday
(Carolina Way, Doncaster, DN4 5PN)
This course is FREE for all 16-18 year-olds
4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English, Maths and 1 Science
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Engineering – Merit
We all use engineering every day and it is essential to the smooth running of the country. Engineering includes all of the systems the UK uses to work effectively including transport systems, communication networks, power supplies, and water systems.
The Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Engineering will develop your skills and knowledge in a wide range of pathways that will prepare you for further study and an exciting career in engineering.
You will acquire the Maths and Engineering principles required to excel in Power, Electrical Distribution, Electronics, Design, and Civil Engineering.
This course is a study programme which consists of:
A vocational qualification
English and Maths
You will complete a broad range of units including:
- Engineering Principles
- The Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
- Microcontroller Systems for Engineers
- Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems
- Further Engineering Mathematics
- Computer-Aided Design in Engineering (CAD)
- Mechanical Behaviours of Metallic and Non-metallic Materials
- Electrical Machines
- Power and Energy Electronics
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Static Mechanical Principles
Additionally, you will complete a specialist engineering project.
The course offers a combination of theory and practice, delivered in our state-of-the-art facilities and leading to a nationally recognised qualification.
The course is assessed through a combination of exams, coursework and simulated work problems.
This qualification is equivalent to three A-Levels, which enables you to study Engineering or a related subject at degree level.
Alternative progression routes include higher or degree apprenticeships, or full-time employment in the engineering industry.